Monday, June 20, 2011

The Water Beckons





Well, I’ve done it. I’ve taken the summer off from my job playing the violin in the Baltimore Symphony Orchestra.  I will be sailing from Baltimore to Maine in an Alberg 30 with my husband Rick. My lack of experience and knowledge as a sailor, along with a strong tendency towards seasickness make this a real challenge for me, but with the help of a month’s worth of scopolamine patches and a knowledgeable husband/captain I just might make it! Rick has made this trip by himself five times in the past few years, so I should be in good hands.
We plan to leave on June 27 and arrive in Yarmouth, ME somewhere around July 26.  


Here are some pics of the boat in its winter cradle and being launched a few weeks ago:











You can see that the name of the boat is "Tortue" which is my husband's idea of a joke since it means "turtle" in French. Ha ha, we move so slow.... Since I don't speak French and I have such a problem with seasickness I have always translated it as "Torture".


Shake-down cruise tomorrow….  Wish us luck!

1 comment: